Wednesday, May 19, 2010

There's a little "It" that I thought I always wanted. Years have passed and "It" has always been a little tease, prancing around just within my reach, but nearly impossible to obtain. But now that I've got it, I don't want It anymore. Previously I idealized this "It" item as something to look forward to, a challenge to overcome, and It would represent a symbolic proof of accomplishment and growth. Maybe it was the thrill of the chase that sparked my interest and initiated my ambitions and assertiveness.

Having a few days to soak in the accomplishment I felt from finally obtaining this particular "It", I later realized that this is not something I want. This isn't the route I want to take. Sure, I knew It would always be temporary-- just something to keep me occupied and stable-- but it isn't what I want. It, as I now anticipate, is no more than a mere disappointment and quite frankly, sucky. Now It has come to me, but I am not satisfied. I see It as equivalent to... soggy bread. Bread it is, but attractive and amazing It is not.

So goodbye It!



IS WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SAY.

I am over It and I hope someone else takes It, but I do feel slightly obligated to be with It now.

No comments:

Post a Comment